Spec homes are completed or nearly completed before they’re sold. The builder has already chosen the floor plan, appliances, and features, so a buyer has limited choices are limited in regards to things like paint colors and flooring.
- 1 What is a specification sheet in interior design?
- 2 What is Finishes schedule in interior design?
- 3 What are finishes on a house?
- 4 What is construction finishes?
- 5 What should a specification include?
- 6 What are the four types of specifications?
- 7 What is floor finishes?
- 8 What is a finish floor plan?
- 9 What are the types of wall finishes?
- 10 What does interior finish include?
- 11 What is finishing in interior?
- 12 What are the types of interior finishes?
- 13 What are the three types of finishes?
- 14 What is included in construction finishes?
- 15 What is the finishing material?
What is a specification sheet in interior design?
SPECIFICATION: A specification is merely a list of details about a material or product, so the builder knows what to order and how to install it.
What is Finishes schedule in interior design?
A Finish Schedule is a form of product specification writing that outlines the materials desired on a construction project. The reason Interior Designers and Architects create finish schedules is to communicate critical product information to the construction team.
What are finishes on a house?
Consider all the interior finishes to select: doors, trim, appliances, molding, flooring, cabinets, countertops, lighting and plumbing fixtures.
What is construction finishes?
Finishes are used in the final part of the construction or manufacturing process, forming the final surface of an element. They can protect the element they finish from impact, water, frost, corrosion, abrasion, and so on, and/or they can be decorative.
What should a specification include?
What should be included in a specification?
- Price format.
- For Services: day/hourly/all-inclusive rates (total cost)
- Required supplier experience.
- Size / dimensions.
- Installation / maintenance / servicing / warranty.
What are the four types of specifications?
Deciding among the four types of specifications— descriptive, performance, reference standard, and proprietary —and choosing how the specification is going to be written is only the first of many design decisions engineers make when starting to edit what will become a project specification, especially when specifying
What is floor finishes?
A floor finish is a liquid which is applied to a resilient tile floor and dries to a hard, durable and smooth film. This film is about the thickness of waxed paper and is expected to protect and extend the life of the floor while providing an attractive appearance and slip resistant surface.
What is a finish floor plan?
Not all projects will have a floor finish plan. It ultimately comes down to the complexity of the finishes, and drawing needs. This floor finish plan shows where certain flooring is to be used, and also defines the angle of the flooring as it moves from one space to the next.
What are the types of wall finishes?
A guide to wall finishes: wallpaper, plaster, and more
- Wallpaper. Wallpaper is a thick decorative paper applied to walls with glue.
- Stencils. Stencils are composed of a thin sheet good, like plastic or cardboard, that’s been perforated or cut with a pattern.
- Lime plaster.
- Concrete veneer.
- Everything else.
What does interior finish include?
Interior finish includes interior wall and ceiling finish and interior floor finish. INTERIOR FLOOR FINISH. The exposed floor surfaces of buildings including coverings applied over a finished floor or stair, including risers. INTERIOR WALL AND CEILING FINISH.
What is finishing in interior?
Interior finishes encompass all the natural and synthetic materials and devices used to cover the interior and exterior of a building’s framing structure to enhance its service and aesthetic qualities. Finishing work is the concluding stage of a construction.
What are the types of interior finishes?
We’ve developed a list of top 5 widely used interior finishings based on price, style, wear and upkeep.
- Vinyl. Price – Vinyl flooring is a great choice for the budget conscious and can cost less than a dollar per square foot.
- Mosaic Tile.
What are the three types of finishes?
What Are The Categories of Wood Finishes? There are three main types of timber finishes – evaporative, reactive and coalescing. Evaporative finishes use acetone, alcohol and nitro-cellulose lacquer thinners as solvents and thinners. Shellac and nitro-cellulose lacquers also fall into this category.
What is included in construction finishes?
Finishes are usually gypsum board, tile, flooring, wall coverings, and paint (inside & outside). Exterior cladding like cementitious stucco is often included in Finishes but EIFS (synthetic stucco over foam insulation) is usually in Thermal & Moisture Protection.
What is the finishing material?
(in construction), materials and items used to improve the service and decorative qualities of buildings and structures, as well as to protect structural members from atmospheric and other effects.