Work From Home: 9 Places to Put an Office in Your Living Room
- Set Up a Desk Behind a Sofa. If you have an open floor plan with a seating area pushed off to one side, try placing a desk behind your sofa.
- Make the Most of an Unused Nook.
- Consider a Mini Work Desk.
- 1 How can I hide my desk in my living room?
- 2 How can I make my living room attractive?
- 3 What is a Murphy desk?
- 4 What is a floating desk?
- 5 What are the 7 elements of interior design?
- 6 Is it OK to put a sofa in front of a window?
- 7 How can I make my house look classy?
- 8 Is there such a thing as a Murphy desk?
- 9 How do you support a floating desk?
- 10 Do floating desks work?
- 11 Are Wall desks good?
How can I hide my desk in my living room?
How can I hide a desk in my living room? Desks can be hidden in living rooms in a number of ways. The least obvious way to hide a desk is by placing it behind another piece of furniture, such as at the back of a sofa – this work particularly well in open plan spaces.
How can I make my living room attractive?
We’ve consulted with our stable of design experts to uncover the sneakiest ways to create a plush-looking living space—all without emptying out your 401(k).
- Create a layered lighting concept.
- Invest in textiles.
- Make sure your curtains hit the floor.
- Invest in large-scale art.
- Incorporate texture.
- Roll out a large rug.
What is a Murphy desk?
For the type of person who needs their own little work area but doesn’t want to have a full-size desk in the house, a Murphy desk is the perfect option. Comparable to a medicine cabinet in size, this wall-mounted desk folds out and offers a work surface which can accommodate a laptop, tablet, documents, etc.
What is a floating desk?
There is a unique type of furniture that you can purchase for your home that is called a floating desk. It does not actually float, as the name would indicate, but is simply mounted on your wall so that you can drop down the desk and use it any time that you want.
What are the 7 elements of interior design?
The 7 elements of design consider space, line, form, light, color, texture and pattern. A balance of these elements is vital to every scheme.
Is it OK to put a sofa in front of a window?
Although you never want to block a window, a sofa placed in front of one can look great as long as the back of the sofa is relatively low. Just be sure to leave a gap of about 10 to 12 inches to give the piece some breathing room and to allow for window treatments.
How can I make my house look classy?
10 Ways to Make Your Home Look Elegant on a Budget
- Crown Molding – Details Matter.
- Paint – Color Matters.
- Pillows – Comfort & Elegance.
- Window Treatments – A Must-Have Accessory.
- Hardware Finishes – Opt for Unique.
- Lighting Makes a Difference.
- Hardwood is Preferred Over Carpet.
- Accessorize Your Home.
Is there such a thing as a Murphy desk?
Multi-Purpose Murphy Desks Desks are the bulkiest part of any office, especially home offices. A Murphy Desk is designed to fold up into the wall or into another piece of furniture instead of taking up space all the time.
How do you support a floating desk?
Build the Floating Desk Support Everything will need to be screwed directly into the studs for the desk and shelves to be secure. Build the frame to support to desk top. This frame support is very secure once it’s installed directly into the studs, so you don’t need heavy duty brackets or anything like that.
Do floating desks work?
Having a floating desk can increase the amount of floor space you have available. It can be more affordable than traditional desks, and having one can make your workspace look much cleaner. Most people find that their productivity is increased when their room is more organized, and the layout is clean and open.
Are Wall desks good?
Best of all, wall-mounted desks can be installed in nearly any room, and while providing a sturdy work surface is the main purpose, one can easily double as a dining table or extra storage spot should you need it. Since it folds down against the wall, you’ll barely notice your desk when you’re not using it.