30 Genius Ideas to Make The Most of Your Small Laundry Room
- Use full height.
- Build accessible storage under your appliances.
- Custom build shelves above your top loader.
- Use industrial pipe for hanging.
- Use the space between the studs to create a storage closet.
- Hide a laundry closet behind a sliding barn door.
- 1 What is the minimum size for a laundry room?
- 2 How do I maximize my laundry room space?
- 3 How can I make my laundry room more functional?
- 4 How much does it cost to build a small laundry room?
- 5 Does a laundry room add value to a house?
- 6 How deep should a laundry room closet be?
- 7 Does a laundry room need a sink?
- 8 Where do you put a washing machine in a small apartment?
- 9 How much space do you need behind a washer and dryer?
- 10 How can I hide my open laundry room?
- 11 How can I hide my laundry hookups?
What is the minimum size for a laundry room?
Based on nearly 40 years of dealing with laundry rooms, I feel the minimum size for one of these rooms should be 9 feet wide by 11 feet long. Bigger is better. The door leading into the room should be at least 32 inches wide. Most are only 30 inches wide.
How do I maximize my laundry room space?
Another easy way to save space in your laundry room is to stack your washer and dryer on top of each other. This approach will help free up your floor plan and give you more room to get chores done.
How can I make my laundry room more functional?
7 Tips for Creating a Functional Laundry Room
- Stay Organized With Laundry Baskets.
- Make Sure the Floors and Counters Are Water-Resistant.
- Have a Built-In Work Table In Your Laundry Space.
- Save Room for a Utility Sink.
- Keep Your Decorating Theme.
- Incorporate Plenty of Storage Space.
How much does it cost to build a small laundry room?
Expect to pay between $2,000 to $14,825 to build a laundry room in your basement or garage. This cost will cover flooring, tiling, cabinets, and countertops in addition to the basic hookups.
Does a laundry room add value to a house?
While it’s true that remodeling an existing laundry room won’t really do much for your home’s financial value, if you do not have a first-floor laundry room today, you may be disappointing potential buyers and detracting from your home’s value.
How deep should a laundry room closet be?
Minimum space is 40 inches deep and 32 inches wide for a washer and dryer. A side-by-side washer and dryer needs at least 40 and 56 inches of space.
Does a laundry room need a sink?
The laundry room houses the washing machine, sinks, faucets, pipes, and many other plumbing fixtures and appliances. Sinks are some of the most important fixtures in a laundry room. This is because we do a lot of washing in the laundry room and hence we need the sinks for this purpose.
Where do you put a washing machine in a small apartment?
10 Ingenious Spots to Place the Washing Machine
- Under the washbasin counter. The bathroom is the obvious choice for the washing machine – the plumbing and electrical points are already in place.
- In the shower stall.
- Under the kitchen counter.
- In the pantry.
- Under an island.
- On the landing.
- Under the staircase.
- In a wardrobe.
How much space do you need behind a washer and dryer?
Around six inches of space behind your washer and dryer is ideal. Space can be saved behind a dryer by installing a periscope dryer vent. This helps ventilate the areas quickly and thus allows the dryer to sit closer to the wall.
How can I hide my open laundry room?
If your laundry room is in the open, install a rod and curtain to hide the area when necessary. Add hooks and shelves for storage and hanging options. Tip: Buy a washer and dryer that stack on top of drawers which can hold laundry supplies or folded clothes.
How can I hide my laundry hookups?
Hide Laundry Hookups with an Easy Cork Board Those plugs and knobs that are usually covered in laundry lint. Why not give yourself a better view while standing in front of those machines!