CFA stands for cutting for approval. It is a small piece of the current product stock that is mailed to the designer for color reference. CFAs are available for most fabric, trimming, leather and some wallcoverings.
- 1 What does CFA stand for in fabric?
- 2 What does COM stands for in interior design?
- 3 What is interior design Ncidq?
- 4 What is a Sidemark in interior design?
- 5 What is a cutting for approval?
- 6 What is CV in fabric?
- 7 What is Col in shipping?
- 8 Where do you put a Sidemark?
- 9 What are the 7 elements of interior design?
- 10 What is a certified interior designer?
- 11 What are the three components that qualify a professional interior designer?
- 12 What are the basics of interior design?
- 13 What does Sidemark your customer name mean?
What does CFA stand for in fabric?
A cut of approval (CFA) is an actual cutting of material of your order.
What does COM stands for in interior design?
The acronym “COM” stands for “ Customer’s Own Material ”, while “COL” stands for “Customer’s Own Leather”. Manufacturers use these terms to let designers and customers know that they will accept fabric sent and will apply it to the furniture.
What is interior design Ncidq?
The Council for Interior Design Qualification (CIDQ) is the premiere certifying organization for interior design professionals. NCIDQ Certification meets legal and regulatory standards for the interior design profession as established by more than half of the states across the U.S. and the provinces in Canada.
What is a Sidemark in interior design?
Sidemark: A sidemark refers to the project we are working on at the moment. This is often needed when working with vendors. When placing orders, many of our trade accounts ask for the “sidemark” to distinguish the fabric and organize orders on their end. We use the client’s last name or street as the sidemark.
What is a cutting for approval?
When placing an order for fabric or wall covering, it is the right of the client to request a cutting for approval (when available). The cutting will come from the same dye lot as the goods ordered by the client.
What is CV in fabric?
VI or CV – Viscose, a fabric made from processed wood pulp. VY – Vinyl, a textile made from natural gas and chlorine.
What is Col in shipping?
FOB COL is short for FOB Collect. It means freight is picked up at the origin and then the freight move is billing COLLECT to the ship to customer.
Where do you put a Sidemark?
Sidemark. Interior designers add sidemarks (shortened to “SM:”) to the “ship to” address when placing an order to help easily identify which project and room a package is being delivered to (without fully opening the box).
What are the 7 elements of interior design?
The 7 elements of design consider space, line, form, light, color, texture and pattern. A balance of these elements is vital to every scheme.
What is a certified interior designer?
3) WHAT IS A CERTIFIED INTERIOR DESIGNER (CID)? (B&P Code Section 5800) A Certified Interior Designer is a competent design professional who may prepare and submit non-structural; non-seismic construction documents and specifications to local building departments for the purposes of plan check.
What are the three components that qualify a professional interior designer?
Thus, they must possess three important skill sets: creative and technical skills, interpersonal skills, and management skills: Creative and Technical: Interior designers must be able to translate a client’s goals into a functional and attractive interior environment that supports the behaviors of the occupants.
What are the basics of interior design?
Basic Interior Design Principles
- Balance. In design, balance creates a feeling of equilibrium.
- Harmony. Harmony is created when all the elements act together to create a unified message.
- Emphasis. A room where everything gets equal importance will seem either scattered or boring.
- Proportion and Scale.
What does Sidemark your customer name mean?
Sometimes the sidemark is the client’s last name or the project street name. If you are doing a lot of ordering, it helps the vendors call and quickly identify the order by sidemark – the entry tile for JBE is in (for example).